Headlines

Delhi hikes ration card income limit to Rs 2.5 lakh; 7.72 lakh cards cancelled | Delhi News


Delhi hikes ration card income limit to Rs 2.5 lakh; 7.72 lakh cards cancelled

NEW DELHI: Delhi chief minister Rekha Gupta on Thursday announced a hike in the income limit to Rs 2.5 lakh per annum for ration card eligibility in the national capital.Addressing a press conference, chief minister said the government had cancelled around 7.72 lakh “invalid” ration cards and invited fresh online applications.She also said that no new ration cards had been issued in Delhi over the past 13 years.“After an intensive audit, the government removed 1.44 lakh beneficiaries not fulfilling the income criterion, 35,800 who did not receive ration, 29,580 who died, while 23,394 ration cards were found to be duplicates,” she said.At present, the income criterion for eligibility for a ration card in Delhi is capped at ₹1.2 lakh per annum.Gupta said the proposed hike is aimed at benefiting the maximum number of needy people.She added that the decision will be placed for approval in the next Cabinet meeting.(With agency inputs)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *